Whether you write a blog or run an online retail business having an “About Us” / “About Me” page is really important to give your business definition. It’s what makes you, you and stand out from the crowd.
It’s your story.
PR companies and brands will immediately head to your About page in order to gleam whether you are the right people for them to work with. So make sure you sell yourself! Don’t be British – be bold, be daring, tell everyone what makes you rock!
Here are some tips to writing your about us page.
- Who are you? Basic information ie. where you live, who with, how many children – if any, pets, occupation.
- What makes you special?
- What is the purpose of your website/blog – what you do and don’t write about/promote/sell
- “Tell your Why! People buy people so they are by nature nosey!” Amanda from Your Executive Secretary
- Contact information – where they can find you.
- A nice image of you!!! People will want to know who you are a logo here won’t cut it.
- “There is no point whatsoever in writing yourself a lovely About page, publishing it, and then just never looking at it again. You need to regularly review your page and check whether all the information in it is still correct and relevant.” Vicky from Single Mother’s Ahoy!
- Include any awards you may have been nominated, short listed or won
- Any useful information – if you write for other blogs, businesses or are involved in other things
- Videos if you have a great promo video add it here – I have a really old one on Charlie Moo’s that does need updating but it does tell you everything you need to know about my family and business.
What information do you like to read about in an “about us” page? If I missed anything please do feel free to comment below! And if you have like what you have read then please do share 🙂 or come and tell me about it on Twitter @CharlieMoos