I finally loaded Jetpack onto my blog and I have to say its been really useful to see what keywords people search for and what old posts keep cropping up. It can be easy to just keep blogging away and not really considering why or what you want to achieve and at the same time it can be easy to get caught up in what you want to achieve. Ultimately the main goal of a blog is that you want people to read it. Here are 5 top tips to driving traffic to your blog and posts within it …
- Ensure Gravatar is set up – this not only links your comments to your profile and businesses but it also gives your comment some personality. A smiling face is going to have much more going for it than a grey box.
- Don’t just read and share other peoples content take the time to comment especially if they are using comment luv as this gives you a great backlink to your last post. (P.S. I am so do leave a comment below and test it out)
- If you are commenting on questions on any platform – Twitter, Facebook, email etc etc … and its information you already have on your blog – post the link! I made this mistake in the early days to just churn out information over and over when it was all on my blog! Doh!
- Guest Bloggers. I’m really new to Instagram so I asked the lovely Viv at Poppysparkles to write a post for me. This not only gives my readers something new and relevant to read but it also opens me up to a whole new set of blog readers as Viv promotes it to her following.
- Link back! Either use LinkWithin which is fully customisable and links back to a random selection of blogs (see the 4 boxes below). Or use your written text to link back to other posts. (Remember though to link the keywords in the sentence and avoid saying things like .. “you can read about it by clicking here” which is less google friendly!)