Topic: Is social media a vital tool in any small business marketing plan? Discuss.
Criteria for entry:
- Open to any small business owners male or female – start up or developed – one entry per organisation.
- Prize providers and #TeamJD are exempt and shall not be allowed to enter.
- Blog must be published on or before Friday 27th July 2012 on your own site/blog. Extended to 3rd August 2012.
- You must notify us of the URL by sending an email to email@example.com
- If you tweet, please tweet your URL and include @CharlieMoos in the tweet so we can RT it – if your blog qualifies as per this criteria. Blogs that are entered will receive a thank you email in response to their email. If you don’t qualify you will be told why.
- If you use Facebook, then look out for any links to your URL on JoanneDewberry.co.uk Fanpage (you will need to ‘like’ the page in order to do so)
- Your blog must end with a single sentence that describes what your business does and who for. No more than 20 words, please, or risk disqualification.
- Your blog title must be “Marketing me socially” you must discuss the topic – “Is social media a vital tool in any small business marketing plan? Discuss.”
- Anyone using the opportunity for blatant marketing without following the judging criteria outlined will be disqualified.
- Mind your p’s & q’s and please don’t write anything that may offend others.
- Blog must please state ‘This is an entry into the JoanneDewberry.co.uk blogging competition’ with a link to this post . (http://joannedewberry.co.uk/competitions/marketing-me-socially/ )
Prizes: these have all been donated by lovely small businesses and the total RRP is over £500
- 1 hour mentoring session with Joanne Dewberry
- A copy of Blogging for Business
- £50 worth of design work from #TeamJD
- 1/4 advert in Raring2GO! Poole AND Bournemouth meaning a distribution of 20,000 magazines across Dorset. (*NB you will need print ready artwork this is not included although can be organised for a fee*) This prize must be claimed by July 2013 at the latest.
- A copy of How to write the Perfect Press Release- a practical guide by Sam Thewlis
- 1/4 advert in Christchurch Eye AND Highcliffe Eye a combined distribution of 13,000 magazines (*NB you will need print ready artwork this is not included although can be organised for a fee*) This prize must be claimed October 2012 at the latest.
- 125 X 125 website advert on Work For Mums for 30 days
- £10 Phoenix Trading voucher from Suzannah’s Cards
- 1 box of personalized with business logo, 5gr Neapolitan chocolates (1 box includes 50 chocolates) from My Sweet Memories
- 1 free business webinar, either live, or recorded, on your choice of topic – including Time Management for small businesses, Reviewing & revising your business plan, from Tracey-Jane Hughes
- A copy of Nutrition for Exam Success – A Parent’s Guide By Maggie Ayre (Paperback)
- Social Media Review and 3 month plan from Social Sparkle specialising in helping small business build their online presence
** NB if you win and feel that any of these prizes will not be needed by you please email us firstname.lastname@example.org as they will be given to any runners up. No cash prizes will be given as alternatives**