Today I attended a new Networking Group – Lemur LinkUp – which is a child friendly networking group for Mums and Dad’s in business or blog (as blogging as a business is really starting to come into its own.) It’s the brainchild of Emma Collins PR, held at Lemur Landings and the fabulous Jackie was on hand with top advice, Kara from ChelseaMamma and myself were there to offer support and advice in areas of social media and blogging.
It’s always great to get out and meet people face to face as online networking is great but you can miss the excitement and buzz of chatting to real people! Many had read my “10 ways to successful networking” to which was a bonus! A lot of the conversation today was geared around Facebook for business and how to make it work. Instead of rehashing some info into a new post I thought I’d just link you to a few posts and tools to get yourself going.
- Be aware of the ways to increase your pages visibility
- Ensure you utilise the scheduling facility especially over the weekend
- Don’t leave customer comments in the “others” free them and make sure you reply!
- Running Competitions on Facebook make sure you know the rules – and make sure you have a plan! Facebook Competitions what’s the Point?
- Ensure you have claimed the vanity URL (so your page reads facebook.com/YOURBUSINESNAME and not .com/pages122488) and have a striking cover image making it clear what your business is/does
- Use your insights to show you when, where and by what media (ie. links, images, status updates) you get the most reach/interaction
- Use Like Alyzer see if there is anything you have missed or can work on.
Using all this information, being consistent and realising it will take time (no over night cure I’m afraid) Facebook will and can be a massive tool to gaining business. I’d love to hear how you get on! Or maybe you have some more tips to share! And if you want to do look me up on Facebook JoanneDewberry.co.uk feel free to ask any questions or just say hi!Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well why not ➡