We have known for a while that Facebook filters information and that not all of your business page likers will see all the content you publish. Facebook then added the ‘reach‘ counter at the bottom of each post – another great way to stress businesses out. Many small businesses understand the marketing power than comes from a buzzing business page and interactive following. I’ve previously written about the promote button – would you pay for Facebook. Understanding the relationship between these 3 points is key.
- what your average reach is
- what your optimum time is
- what media your fans prefer. (status updates, links, images etc. )
- interact with your favourite pages
- manually check them regularly on Facebook.
FINALLY!! Facebook has advised us of a way for ALL of our likers to see our updates! If you’d like to stay up to date with all the new events, please follow these instructions to make sure you don’t miss out on anything!
1. Head over to JoanneDewberry.co.uk Facebook page from your computer (it won’t work from your mobile).
2. On the right hand side on the page right next to the “like” button there is a drop down box.
3. Click on that drop down box and click on the “add to interest list“.
That way you will not miss any of our updates. Thank you for so much for your ongoing support 🙂
Sounds perfect right? Well I’ve been looking into this today and what actually happens is you add this page to your ‘interest list’ – so what is an interest list? Facebook says – “Interest lists are an optional way to organize the content you’re interested in on Facebook. You can create your own interest lists based on the things you care about, or subscribe to other people’s lists”.
Brilliant so we now have a list that is entirely made up of everything we want to look at from people to pages to groups. However to look at it you do need to find the ‘interest list’!!! The interest list tab is located on the your homepage’s left hand sidebar.
My only concern here is how many people will use this list or just stick to their homepage content? Do you use interest lists?? Is this the way forward to better follower interaction and more sales for small businesses?? What do you think??