It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
UNLESS you are a mum in business! Not only can this be your busiest time sales-wise, but every single day there is something happening at school or some kind of Christmas event on the horizon. It’s NEVERENDING. Now while every blogger worth their weight in gold is completing the most magnificent of “Christmas Gift Guides” I’ve taken care and consideration to collate a guide we REALLY need.
5 Things All Mums in Business Want This Christmas :
- A Good Night Sleep : Sleep is vital for fighting illness, repairing and replenishing our bodies and minds, sleep also helps to boost memory and keeps us alert, but in reality, are we getting enough sleep? There’s nothing better than sliding into a Crushed Velvet Divan Set but how often do you lay there willing yourself to sleep? Or in comparison falling asleep on the sofa then being awake all night? Having a good sleep routine is paramount any time of the year but more so in the winter, when daylight hours decrease but you are busier than ever. No caffeine, alcohol or screens for an hour before bed, calm, relaxing environment and smells such as lavender to help invoke a good nights sleep.
- More Hours In Your Working Day : One minute it’s lunchtime the next school pick up where does the day go!? I definitely need 2 or 3 more hours in the day to get myself organised, or maybe I need to get myself Professor Dumbledor’s time turner necklace or maybe a Back to the Future Delorean. I don’t care how I just need a bit more time!
- An Ad Hoc Cleaner : You know for the days when there just aren’t enough hours in the day (see point 2)! I’m fast running out of time to clean, having someone I could call upon to give me a hand would be great. Who am I kidding! I totally need a full-time cleaner so I can juggle everything and partake in some hot beverage drinking. (See point 4)
- Hot Beverage : It would be nice to enjoy at least one a hot cup of tea or coffee once a day, it’s not much to ask for. I am forever getting engrossed in work (or falling asleep on the sofa) or packing lunchboxes that I seldom drink anything hot.
- Personal Shopper : On top of the weekly food shop there’s, Christmas presents, the random green items for the school tombola or finding a star costume for the school show, the list goes on and on. I could do with someone to come and buy everything I need (including .. which I really NEED!) to rock up and do all the shopping me including the whims at 10pm!?
I think I’ve covered the top 5 right now? What do you think? Do you have anything to add?
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy.