After the hustle bustle of Christmas and New Year celebrations you will notice an inevitable decrease in your Facebook page reach.
This isn’t a ploy by Facebook to get you to spend cash on advertising. Consumers/clients/Facebook users are just busying their day with other things and spending less time on Facebook. Fact!
Even if you have kept up to date, posted daily, scheduled in posts, replied to comments you will still notice the slump.
How can we increase our visibility again?
Firstly don’t stop what you are doing! Make sure you are still posting everyday! This is so important. Have a look through your insights to calculate what time of day via what media (links, updates, images) gets maximum exposure and schedule posts in then.
Secondly do a bit of housekeeping :-
- Are your details correct?
- Check that your website address and email are correct.
- Have you filled in all the sections – descriptions, categories, this will all help when people use the Facebook search facility.
- Have you claimed the vanity URL
- Is the cover image/banner up to date? Last years Christmas banner screams unloved Facebook page.
- Have you added recent milestones?
- When was the last time you invited people to like your page? Invite friends, use the build an audience option to email your database. Tweet your Facebook URL out during #localhours
Thirdly network – being able to comment on business pages as your business rather than your personal profile is such a great way to interact and drive traffic to your Facebook page.
And finally pop along to my Facebook page and ask me a question, comment on what you thought of this blog or maybe just say hi 🙂Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well why not ➡