Vonage have recently put together an infographic after conducting some research into the characteristics of small businesses started from home in the UK.
Here are a few key points.
- I was surprised by that the number of men working from home was actually larger than women. I always assumed more women did.
- 8million people run an online business from home! Staggering!
- Key factors for starting a business at home – modern technology is readily available and it presents a low cost start up option.
- 38% of women small business owners pursued this path as it enabled them to juggle children and a career.
- 19% of the overall businesses were craft based – crafted based businesses are on the increase as more and more people turn their hobby in to a viable small business.
Are you a UK home business? How acurate do you think this infographic is? I think it sums me up pretty well! Let me know what you think over on twitter @CharlieMoos
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy and contains an affiliate link.