The new year is always a great time to take stock. Sit down and consider the year gone by. What was good, bad, whether you achieved your goals and if you didn’t why – were they too unrealistic? Was the time scale too short? Did you not attack them correctly?
I learnt a long time ago that the end of the year can also make you feel like well your business just isn’t there yet. I like to spend sometime reminding myself that heck I’m human and I also primarily am a full time mum.
I now have literally 9 months until my youngest starts school and I start working on the business in a more civilised 9-3 fashion. This fact scares me to death. How is it that already all 3 of my children are gone? Where did all the babies disappear too? At one point I had 2 under 2 and soon it will just be me and the cat and my glorified chef, taxi and washing services will be all they need me for!
Since publishing my book in 2012 I have taken a step back and slowed the pace down a bit with my business I’ve not set myself any major goals and have just well kinda been plodding. But you know what this is ok! The whole idea of the business initially was to earn some money while still being a full time mum. Developing a flexible working environment that works well for me. And as we see the sun set on 2014 and the new excitement of endless possibilities of 2015 this is exactly where I’m still at. My business works for me and my family and September 2015 is a whole new ball game!
- Our family trip to DisneyLand Paris in February. Seems like a lifetime ago but I set the goal and worked hard to raise the money, buy 5 passports and well we had a blast! It’s made me determined to take the moo’s on holiday to Bodrum, Turkey this year where Daddy Moo and I met in 2001.
- Making a new friend. Networking is a really important when running a business. Having a business support network is key. This year I was lucky enough to not only make a great blogging chum who inspires me, takes super photos but she’s also become a close friend. And to top it off the kids love each other too. #winning
- I employ a cleaner to come once a month. OK so this may sound really odd but having someone come in and do a good clean so I can keep on top of the everyday mess has meant that on days I’m working from home – I’m not cleaning. Those days I’m being mum – I’m not cleaning! It was my gift to myself once we moved house in September.
- Taking my mum to The What’s on 4 Me Awards in London – where my book was voted runner up in Best Hobby to Small Business Support.
- Winning an iPad Air for this post and the look on Daddy Moo’s face when I presented it to him on his Christmas Eve birthday.
So what does 2015 hold for me!? Who knows!?
I’d like to plough my engeries back into developing the party range at Charlie Moo’s. I’d also want to start doing more of what I enjoy. I’ve stopped enjoying running social media accounts so as of now unless you are already a client I shall not be offering it anymore. I enjoy blogging and I enjoy running my own business maybe this year I’ll take more opportunity to take up my own advice instead of giving it to others.
Thanks for following me in this past year! Here’s to 2015!