Why you should enter small business awards.
Small Business and/or Blog Awards are a great way to increase your PR and set you up as an expert in your genre. It’s also a great confidence booster and such a nice feeling when you’ve been nominated, shortlisted and even won. Why not increase your chances of winning by entering as many awards as possible! Remember the old saying you’ve got to be ‘in it to win it’ after all.
Tips for writing applications.
- Keep an ongoing list : of your achievements ell as notes on the quirkier sides of your business, your USP (unique selling point) and how and why you started your business.
- Ask Friends : Find out what others like and admire about you and your business. This will give you a big picture of your strengths, plus lots of examples you can use in your answers.
- Read the questions carefully. OK, it’s not a test, but the same principles apply! Judges are looking for certain criteria, so make sure you’re clear about what they’re asking.
- Sell yourself. Don’t be embarrassed about bigging yourself up! You did it and you deserve the recognition.
- Just do it! : Save copies of your award applications or write your blurb on word, that way you can copy and paste the same information for future competitions, refine your message and make it perfect. This is also where keeping an ongoing list will be useful.
You can add award logos to your website, email signature etc. I have a lovely image I use.
Updated Image February 2016
If you do need some help with awards applications then please email me email@example.com
Need some help with your applications? I can help! I offer a proofreading and editing service for £25 per application get in touch for further details.