That’s great .. nothing wrong with that all the major retailers are having their ‘summer sale‘. Sales are a great way to clear out stock especially if your products are seasonal, or you have stock that doesn’t sell well, … but is it a sale if your business constantly offers ‘discounts‘??
25% off, 50% off, free item when you spend £X, free delivery … if your business is tweeting or Facebooking these things on a regular basis …. then that’s not a sale!
Remember your branding and how you come across to potential customers.
- You devalue your products with continuous discounts.
- Your potential customers will not believe your products are worth full retail price.
- If you sell wholesale to trade … you are actually undercutting them which is bad practice.
- “Know your worth and stick to it. Be proud of what you produce even if you brick it every time you tell some one the price!” (Laura Renton – That’s Sew Laura)
- You will struggle to sell at full price leaving you with peaks and troughs in your sales