Errr … excuse me does anyone know what happened to the first half of 2019!?
Cannot believe this is my Summer Holiday Planner 2019 (in my head it’s still the “new year”).
This time last year I knew that change was on its way. I could feel it I just didn’t know what. I joined an accountability goal setting group run by Syma from Coastal VA’s and it’s been a catalyst for getting stuff done! First off all I closed down Charlie Moo’s after 10 years, my heart wasn’t in it anymore. Once I’d made the decision I felt 10 stone lighter! I gained brain space and started writing (after 4 years of just thinking about it!) my second book, currently editing it. Daddy Moo started freelancing with a company which is great, although he has literally spent about 3 weeks at home the whole of 2019! It’s hard work juggling the children by myself and we miss him loads but we have been working towards the same goal and this helps with motivation. ⤵️ my motivation is 21 days in Corfu literally cannot wait!
Summer Holiday Planner 2019 :
This year’s summer holiday planner is a collaboration with Lemur Landings Soft Play. Not only does it contain content/awareness days but the whole summer is nicely laid out one sheet, each month colour coded, it’s literally my dream planner!
Having a summer holiday planner provides everyone with a clear understanding of how the week is going to pan out. By planning in advance you can fill up your summer holiday planner with something to do each day which limits the chance of unnecessarily spending money and feeling at a loose end. During activities/days out, try to provide the children with 100% of Mummy, I call it a trade-off but Single Mother Ahoy! refers to it as “filling their cup”. If you give the children quality time where it’s just about them no phones you will find them much happier to provide you in return with time where they entertain themselves enabling you a chance to work.
Grab your FREE download here
Activity Suggestions :
There are 6 activity suggestions on the planner to give you a few ideas for things to do that are not only fun, cheap but rewarding.
- Networking Playdate : Get together with your small business friends and children somewhere they can play and you guys can talk. Having like-minded people to discuss business with will help keep you calm and reduce overwhelm from trying to do too many things at the same time. If you are Dorset based we are Netwalking on Monday 19th August. We meet at Potterne Park (free parking) and walk through to Moors Valley for a play and picnic. Walking we know is good for health and wellbeing, add talking to your friends plus the children and everyone is getting a handy dose of fresh air, exercise, socialisation and brain space.
- Bake A Cake : My girls love baking cakes (Charlie prefers to make bread it’s his secret hobby shhh don’t tell anyone!) it’s such a lovely way to spend time together and then of course once you do sit down to work you have a cake to eat!
- Visit A Soft Play Centre : This is always one of my go-to winning situations. See the great thing about soft play is the children are thoroughly entertained for hours without the need for Mummy (or Daddy)! Take Lemur Landings for example not only is there the soft play frame but digital climbing walls and a role play area, something to suit everyone. There’s usually free WiFi and somewhere to get a drink, plus plenty of seating, which makes soft play the perfect office this summer holiday!
- Climb A Tree : Take the opportunity to get outside and explore the environment around you. Not only is this good for our health and wellbeing but nature teaches us to take risks and learn skills.
- Go To The Library : Libraries are great free resources. This year the Summer Reading Challenge turns 20! It’s a great opportunity to encourage your children to read over the summer as who doesn’t love a bit of competition. Plus your local library is a wealth of activities and events with the added bonus of free WiFi perfect for a spot of email inbox organisation.
- Create A Summer Memory Box : Using a shoe box or any lidded box which you can easily decorate and fill with all your holiday treasures. We usually do holiday notebooks, they work in the same fashion only you can stick momentos in, photos using my HP Sproket etc. being portable holiday notebooks are great for car rides and aeroplanes. Perfect for our Corfu Adventure.
Preparing Your Small Business for the Summer Holiday :
- Schedule : It’s a key time management tool. Schedule content for Facebook, your blog and populate your Twitter feed keeping your social media active and driving traffic to your blog, keeping things ticking over nicely. It also means you can spend a small amount of time (5/10 minutes a day) responding to comments rather than getting sucked into a social media black hole.
- Organise Your Inbox : Staying on top and keeping your inbox organised is a good start pointing, stick to the 4D technique daily to reduce overwhelm (Do It – Delete It – Defer It – Delegate It). Use an email autoresponder this takes the pressure off you and gives a clear directive to those who email you.
- Start Afresh In September : July is a great time to audit your to-do list. Are you really going to do it? Have you moved items from list to list, month to month then the answer is more than likely no? The summer is also a great time to reboot and clarify your small business goals. I always find for me once I stop “working in” my business the magic suddenly happens. I feel inspired, invigorated and raring to go in September.
- Delegate : You’d be surprised how many small tasks you can get the children to help with you with. There’s a whole list of tasks including liking posts on Instagram, helping pack up orders and housework on Britmums. These small tasks can help free up time for the fun stuff.
Don’t forget to share this post with any mums (or dads) in business, working from home or juggling the summer holiday. I’ve really enjoyed producing this content and just want to say “Thank You” for all your continued support. We got this!
This post contains affiliate link.Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well why not ➡