Before Olive was born I persuaded Daddy Moo to get me a desk .. it was 2nd hand and fit perfectly in the space we had. Whilst pregnant I started to get really uncomfortable sitting at the desk so went off to the living room and the comfy sofa. Over the past 2 years I have been in and out of love with the desk. Mainly I think it is because the space isn’t working for me … it has become an area to dump items and then I have no room to work. So I go somewhere less well cluttered! But actually when I sit down to work at the desk away from the kitchen, food, television, slouchy sofa – I work much better.
So this is my workspace at present.
Some questions to consider :-
- Think what do I need?
- What do I want?
- What do I heart felt want eg kid items?
- Do you want a clear desk before bed or are you more a cluttered person?
- Plan how you work, do you like to look outside/at a plant /kids photos /pics etc.
- Do you bring clients home?
- Is this space just for you?
- Set yourself a brief of what you require treat it as you would in dealing with a client.
- Clear ideas – you will adapt things later to suit.
- Colour is also important.
I could go crazy and buy a big traditional wooden bookcase to house an array of box files, neatly arranged fabric etc … but to be honest I don’t want to spend a lot of money – especially as I do have a very good sturdy desk to begin with! I think the main issue is organisation, storage and shelving – there is a lot of un-utilised wall space above and around the desk.
You can follow my Pinterest Board – Operation Office and keep an eye out for part 2! Or if you have any pin suggestions do tweet me! @CharlieMoos
*Disclosure – this contains a sponsored link but the content has been written by Joanne and not influenced by anyone.Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well, there are some ways you can say thanks and support my website: ➡