Before Olive was born I persuaded Daddy Moo to get me a desk .. it was 2nd hand and fit perfectly in the space we had. Whilst pregnant I started to get really uncomfortable sitting at the desk so went off to the living room and the comfy sofa. Over the past 2 years I have been in and out of love with the desk. Mainly I think it is because the space isn’t working for me … it has become an area to dump items and then I have no room to work. So I go somewhere less well cluttered! But actually when I sit down to work at the desk away from the kitchen, food, television, slouchy sofa – I work much better.
So this is my workspace at present.
Some questions to consider :-
- Think what do I need?
- What do I want?
- What do I heart felt want eg kid items?
- Do you want a clear desk before bed or are you more a cluttered person?
- Plan how you work, do you like to look outside/at a plant /kids photos /pics etc.
- Do you bring clients home?
- Is this space just for you?
- Set yourself a brief of what you require treat it as you would in dealing with a client.
- Clear ideas – you will adapt things later to suit.
- Colour is also important.
I could go crazy and buy a big traditional wooden bookcase to house an array of box files, neatly arranged fabric etc … but to be honest I don’t want to spend a lot of money – especially as I do have a very good sturdy desk to begin with! I think the main issue is organisation, storage and shelving – there is a lot of un-utilised wall space above and around the desk.
You can follow my Pinterest Board – Operation Office and keep an eye out for part 2! Or if you have any pin suggestions do tweet me! @CharlieMoos
*Disclosure – this contains a sponsored link but the content has been written by Joanne and not influenced by anyone.Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well why not ➡