With just 8 days left until my 40th birthday, I know you are all concerned about what to buy me 😉 (Haha, to be fair though it’s soon gifting season anyway, Christmas will be upon us before we know it). We get to a certain age and admit it for your birthday you’re quite happy with a bath bomb, candle and new mug! The simple things in life! A takeaway, cuppa tea and XFiles is how I plan on spending my birthday! (I have introduced Megan to XFiles and she loves it! Reminds me of curling up in the girl’s common room once a week in darkness scared to death! #happymemories).
Anyway, I got you covered here is my quite frankly amazing and ridiculous list of gifts every 40-year-old needs in their life. #truefact
9 Quite Frankly Ridiculous Gifts Every 40-Year-Old Needs
- A Waterproof Notebook – I’m confused about how I didn’t know this existed already!? A handy A6 notebook leather-like hardback cover with 80 pages made from water-resistant stone paper, er yes, please!
- Oversized Hoodie/Blanket – We all know it’s a working from home essential! I’m sure they were cool once and everyone had a slanket! A one size fits all but really fits nobody unless you are Hagrid! I need a pink one, please!
- Pound Puppy – I can’t even remember if I had one as a child, I feel like I didn’t because I want one now so freaking badly! They even come with an adoption certificate! 1980’s Joanne sitting in her shellsuit with the worlds worst fringe is begging you! (PLEASE MUM!)
- Light Up Pug Bath Plug – Described as “Happy floating pug whose tummy glows in the water – Smug pug plug!” can you even! My bathtimes are so boring in comparison.
- Coffee Arabica Grow Your Own Coffee Plant – How did I get to 40 and not realise that I could grow my own coffee bean? I plan to buy 10 of these plants and a coffee grinder!
- USB Heated Mouse Pad Mouse Hand Warmer with Wristguard – I’m not even kidding you! I don’t even use a mouse on my laptop but I’d get one if it keeps my hands warm!
- Pig Juggling Balls – I can’t juggle but maybe if I had pig juggling balls I’d be a pro!
- Grow Your Own Jesus – No explanation needed, just google it. You’re welcome!
- Aqua Bluetooth Speaker – Water Dancing! – This is almost like a futuristic version of those dancing daisies we had when I was a kid circa 1990. You play some music and the daisy dances, mine had sunglasses and jazz hands! This Bluetooth speaker shoots coloured water jets in time with the beat inside the bullet-shaped container. Cool hey!
What do you think to my epic list? I bet you want one of everything! Don’t forget to let me know if there is anything you think I should have added!
Massive thank you for all your support and love over the last year. Here’s to being 40 and maybe if COVID allows finishing up my #40before40 list!
This post is a collaboration with Wicked Uncle and complies with my Disclosure Policy.