I often talk about mums who run their own small businesses around their children as being a mum myself this is something I can totally relate too. Many small business owners develop their business idea whilst at home on maternity leave. Many find that their old jobs especially more corporate based ones no longer fit their new lifestyle. Flexibility can be an issue and commuting after being up all night with a baby can be a huge headache.
I was recently contacted by LawBite – who offer lawyers that flexible working environment we mothers crave. If you are a parent looking to keep your corporate career but be more flexible at home here are 5 facts you need to know about LawBite.
- More than half their lawyers are mothers who have found it very hard to find flexible working hours to suit their family needs in traditional legal practices. Ahem to that! It’s so hard to find regular employment whereby one can be flexible which is why so many women start up their own businesses.
- LawBite is partnered with trusted websites such as Working Mums with whom they actively recruit from.
- But it’s not just mums! Men and women are opting for more flexible working from home opportunities. I think working from home is becoming more and more a lifestyle choice which can reduce the burnout and stress that can be associated with high powered, long working hours.
- LawBriefs can do as much or as little as they want, offering utmost flexibility. They are not obliged to take on any work but are asked to complete it if they choose to take it on in a timely manner. Sounds a bit like my work life! I only take on the jobs I want and can handle while I’m still juggling a small person at home.
- Through this business model, LawBite are able to keep legal advice affordable without compromising on quality for the UK’s entrepreneurs/SMEs. Rates are low but fair; with no traditional partnership structure to feed and no fancy marble hallways in their offices!
LawBite, successfully crowdfunded over £500k on Crowdcube. Crowdcube is the world’s leading investment crowdfunding site, enabling investors to help entrepreneurs raise the finance they need to grow. LawBite are an online document template/advice channel, based in Farringdon, providing ‘Simple Law for Small Companies‘.
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy.Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well, there are some ways you can say thanks and support my website: ➡