We all know how stressful moving office can be, whether that be relocation, expansion or even just moving from your home office into your first rented business space. Whether you are using a specialist removals Kent, or plan to move yourself these top tips will help in making moving office space easy and stress-free.
1. Lists! Lists! Lists! :
Lists are literally the best way to make sure you know everything you need to do and by ticking them off you can see what you have achieved too. An important list to work on is everything containing your old address and periodically work your way through updating. For example :
- Update address with Companies House
- Your bank
- Update your website
- Any printed materials with addresses on; business cards, compliment slips, flyers
- Social media channels
- Email sign-offs
Ask your phone provider if you can move your number over with you (we were able to do this for our home number last year) or set up an automated redirect.
2. Label Correctly & As Thoroughly as Possible :
- Label two sides of the boxes and also the top this way when they are stacked you can easily identify what’s inside
- Using your lists write down the contents of each box, so once moved you can open the vital ones first.
- If you have large furniture consider hiring Burnley moving services.
3. Top Tip : Use Sandwich Bags & Cellotape :
This is a genius hack! (and one you can replicate at home!) When you unscrew table legs, shelves and cabinets place screws and nails in labelled sandwich bag and tape to furniture. Simple! You will have all the correct screws for each piece and the exact amount (oh Daddy Moo could so take a leaf out of this book!)
4. Take Plenty of Photos :
Taking plenty of photos enables you to have a blueprint of how your previous office was set up. You will know exactly where everything was and how it looked visually (especially useful for re-erecting office furniture without instructions). If you have more than one monitor or a complex electrical or computer set up taking photos will save you time, money and energy reorganising at the other end.
5. Leave Packing Teabags Till Last :
Set aside one box to pack up last which you will unload first. Think basic cleaning supplies, tea, milk, cups. Once you have moved all the boxes over the first thing you will want to do is clean and drink tea!
Do you have any top tips for making an office move go smoothly that I haven’t mentioned? Then let me know!
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy.