Every day I tell myself today I will drink more water, stay hydrated and rule the world. My mind is willing but I just don’t ever seem to drink enough water. I can’t be the only person who struggles to drink the recommended 6-8 glasses a day. Seriously how hard can it be!? Being properly hydrated is really important.
Why We Should Drink Plenty Of Water?:
- Reduces Fatigue: Ever get so far through the day and feel like you need a sugar hit? More than likely you’re dehydrated. Drinking plenty of water helps your body to function better, reduces fatigue and gives you more energy.
- Improves Your Mood: Dehydration is known to cause irritability. (Well that answers a lot!)
- Sleep Better: Well if this isn’t a great incentive to drink more then I don’t know what is. After 5 years of sleep deprivation, I am loving every full night’s sleep, but I do wake from time to time groggy.
- Think Clearer: Hydrated brain stops you from feeling fatigued which increases productivity. Increased productivity = nailing your goals!
6 Ways To Stay Hydrated and Increase Your Water Consumption:
- First Drink Of The Day: I don’t know about you but I don’t function until I’ve had my first coffee of the day. But why not grab a glass of water first, you can even drink it whilst waiting for the kettle to boil. If you’re forgoing caffeine, consider adding nutrient powders like Gundry MD Energy Renew to your water for a morning boost instead.
- Use The Kettle As Your Guide: We’ve kind of established I spend way too much time in front of the kettle so I may as well use it to my advantage. I leave a glass by the kettle so every time I go to make a tea or coffee (which I consume way too much of) I remember to have a drink of water instead (sometimes). Illana Smith Hari Hari Curry. Or drink the water whilst the kettle is boiling suggests Michelle Betts By Jove Media.
- Use Technology: I use the Water Drink Reminder app which reminds me to drink water and helps me log how much I’ve drunk. Claire Relin – Neals Yard Remedies Organic Independent Consultant. Isn’t technology wonderful?
- Invest In Some Bottles: By filling and taking a water bottle around with you, you always have a drink to hand and drinking water becomes an action rather than a thought process. I love adding lemon or lime and cucumber in my water too, you could use a water bottle with fruit infuser or just add fruit to your regular bottle/glass. You could even design your own water bottles, cups and mugs using a print on demand service like Printful.
- One Cup At A Time: Have YOU ever noticed how easy it is to down a cup of coffee yet a pint of water takes a week or so. Do it buy the cup. I either get myself 2-3 cups at a time. If you like herbal tea even better. I usually make 3 in the morning and drink them cold throughout the day (just down a cup). Helps me to take on more fluids. Mint tea is perfectly pleasing cold. Kate Rushall Bridal Reloved
- Add Flavours: I like some fresh lemons in mine, or cucumber and mint which delivers antioxidants, whilst supporting healthy skin, boosting our bone health, and keeping you hydrated!
So what are you waiting for there is seriously no reason we shouldn’t be drinking far more water especially if you sit at a computer all day like me. Hey! I’ve even managed a pint whilst writing this post. #inspired
Please do share any other top tips for drinking water in the comments below.
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy and contains affiliate links.Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well, there are some ways you can say thanks and support my website: ➡