Wellness is a buzzword that is everywhere. The more fast-paced that our life and the world becomes, the more important it is that we take time to care for our bodies and minds. We deserve to give ourselves the permission to include some downtime into our schedules. Downtime doesn’t need to mean having an entire lazy day but can be even a little bit of time every day. I think everyone can benefit from this, especially those who lead very busy and hectic lives.
➡️ Time when you relax and do not do very much.
➡️ Refers to periods when a system is unavailable.
5 Things You Can Do To Relax and Recharge:
- Watch A Good Movie: After days of running around and having constant mental stimulation, a movie is a great way to let yourself escape your reality and unwind. There’s nothing more distracting than a beautiful film perfect form of escapism.
- Beauty Time: Another way to relax is to set some time aside for self-care. Doing a face mask, taking a long hot bath, adding relaxing oils and creams, getting a mini manicure are all things that we tend to bypass on an everyday basis but always make us feel good and more confident. You can turn on your favourite music, diffuse some essential oils, and just focus on you, treat yourself to a mdlondon BLOW Hair dryer and give your hair some proper TLC.
- Workout Or Go For A Walk: Exercise can way too easily be one of the first things that gets out on the back burner when your days get crazy busy. But it’s probably the first thing that I should do when I need to just relax. This can mean going to a workout class or for a run, even just getting outside for a 20-minute walk or yoga/stretching session can lead to greater well-being. To help encourage you to get out, get moving and release those endorphins, you can grab a workout buddy or download an app to set reminders, follow workout programs and track your progress.
- Read A Good Book: There is nothing that compares to getting lost in a good book. Yet, I can go months on end without picking up a book, let alone reading it cover to cover. Curl up on the sofa hot chocolate in hand and really let yourself get lost in a good book. Sometimes, I just need to turn off the technology and finally pick up that book. Reading is a powerful tool for relaxing the mind while letting your imagination wander and stress slip away with a good story. It’s also a way to expand your vocabulary and improve your memory. It’s a win-win for both your downtime as well as your daily life.
- Meditating: Meditation is one of the best ways tune into your own body and mind and provide yourself with the ultimate self care. It is proven to be one of the most effective ways to clear the mind and the more you do it, the more you will feel its benefits. Meditation gives you the tools to take care of and protect your mind and ultimately have healthier verbal and physical actions as a result. It is important to remember that meditation is a practice. To get started, you can practice taking 5 deep breaths and trying to clear your mind. There is guided meditation that you can follow in a class or via an app or you can practice it on your own, working to clear your mind and better your practice.
What do you do look after yourself in your downtime?
This post complies with my Disclosure PolicyFound this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well, there are some ways you can say thanks and support my website: ➡