Posted by Joanne Dewberry on August 12, 2013
Following on from the Sponsored Post last week I’ve been thinking more and more about passive income.
What is passive income?
Passive Income for me is about creating something ONCE and selling it over and over (and over and over) Darren Toms Coaching LTD
- Affiliate Marketing – Basically placing links or banners onto your site which when people click through and purchase products you earn commission – in a nutshell. I joined Create’s affiliate programme as I recommend Create as a platform to most people and also wrote about them in my book. I recently found out that Mollies Makes also uses the same affiliate programme (Affiliate Window) so I will probably add their banner to Charlie Moo’s as well. Create has a really useful blog on how to join and utilise affiliate programmes.
- Upselling – Give something away for free in order to sell services/products to your customer. For me my blog is my freebie and hopefully you enjoy what you read and will come back for more of my services. Darren Toms “now free on my website. The BrandYou Programme. I use this as a freebie so I can hope to sell new products in future.”
- Paypal Buttons – I’ve written about it before but donate or buy me a coffee style buttons (which my readers were totally against) also act as a form of passive income.
- Google Adsense – I’m not an expert and I’ve not really used it so I’m not going to pass comment – do a google search.
- YouTube – if you are partial to a spot of video blogging then this “How to monetise YouTube” is definitely worth a look at.
- Writing content for Yahoo – they offer an upfront fee and then pay per clicks. I currently have 5 articles and are paid every couple of months for the clicks. The content requests are up and down but its worth a look.
- E-books, booklets and books – earning money, commission or royalties. E-books – either using 3rd party apps like e-junkie or Clickbank - you can even sell others e-books via affiliate links earning commission on sales – or use buy now buttons. I earn royalties on Crafting a Successful Small Business although I do still play a hand in the marketing I don’t hold vast amounts of stock. The Blogging for Business Booklet paid for itself ages ago – always look into the costings of producing a booklet as it may will be a great form of passive income.
- Selling stuff – plain and simple whether that be via a shop or just adding paypal links to items you want to sell! Selling online is 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
What ways do you “earn a passive income” from? Have I missed any or do you have some creative outside the box suggestions. I like those kind
*Disclosure – this blog contains affiliate links, I may earn money from any that you purchase through.