Following on from the Sponsored Post last week I’ve been thinking more and more about passive income.
What is passive income?
Passive Income for me is about creating something ONCE and selling it over and over (and over and over) Darren Toms Coaching LTD
- Affiliate Marketing : Basically placing links or banners onto your site which when people click through and purchase products you earn commission – in a nutshell. I joined Create’s affiliate programme as I recommend Create as a platform to most people (it’s where I host Charlie Moo’s) and I wrote about them in my book. I use Affiliate Window which seems to house a lot of brands I like. Create has a really useful blog on how to join and utilise affiliate programmes. If you share links on social media you should always state that the links are affiliate and you should declare so on blogs too.
- Upselling : Give something away for free in order to sell services/products to your customer. For me my blog is my freebie and hopefully you enjoy what you read and will come back for more of my services. Darren Toms “now free on my website. The BrandYou Programme. I use this as a freebie so I can hope to sell new products in future.”
- Paypal Buttons : I’ve written about it before but donate or buy me a coffee style buttons (which my readers were totally against) also act as a form of passive income. Paypal buttons make it really easy to create and sell a download or booklet. Don’t forget you will incur a paypal fee on all sales.
- Google Adsense : I’m not an expert and I’ve been struggling to even earn a 1p per day! I feel like this is a totally foreign language to me! However since moving an advert into the main header I have noticed an increase and there are some awesome tips out there including these 7 from Oh So Amelia.
- YouTube : If you are partial to a spot of video blogging then this “How to monetise YouTube” is definitely worth a look at. You account links to your adsense too so payments are made in a lump sum.
- Writing content for Yahoo – they offer an upfront fee and then pay per clicks. I currently have 5 articles and are paid every couple of months for the clicks. The content requests are up and down but its worth a look.
- E-books, booklets and books : You can earn money, commission or royalties via writing E-books, booklets and books. E-books either using 3rd party apps like e-junkie or Clickbank. I use the affiliate link with Amazon to promote my book Crafting a Successful Small Business. Or use buy now buttons like I have done with my Blogging for Business Booklet which paid for itself ages ago. If an e-book is selling well consider the costings of producing a booklet as it may will be a great form of passive income.
- Selling stuff : Plain and simple whether that be via a shop or just adding paypal links to items you want to sell! Selling online is 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
What ways do you “earn a passive income” from? Have I missed any or do you have some creative outside the box suggestions. I like those kind 🙂
*Disclosure – this blog contains affiliate links, I may earn money from any that you purchase through.