*waves* Hello! Thank you for joining me in my little part of the internet! So here’s a little bit about me. I am a 30 something coffee lover living in rural Dorset with my partner Daddy Moo and our three children Charlie (2007), Megan (2008) and Olive (2011). We have also have been conned along the way into becoming pet people adding a cat George and a rabbit Daisy, George is quite popular on Instagram, when he’s not chasing and demolishing local wildlife.
I started my first business, Charlie Moo’s back in 2008 weeks before the arrival of Megan. Named after our son who we have always called Moo, although he’s heading into that awkward don’t kiss me in public stage so I’m guessing soon he’d rather be Charlie! Charlie Moo’s specialises in award winning Handmade Fabric Party Bags, wooden and traditional fillers, in 2010 we began to add a range of Moo branded products including cake toppers and wrapping paper.
In 2009 I met Laura Morris at our local toddler group we discussed the lack of facilities geared at mums in business and thus Networking Mummies was born. After nearly 3 years, 5 branches, 2 Business Mums Journals and even our own Bigger Picture Magazine the time had come to reassess where I was going. In November 2011 I decided that my priorities including a delicious new baby, work load and health had changed and that something had to give. It was a hard decision but I decided to sell my half of Networking Mummies UK. By 2014 I missed networking with other mums in business and subsequently now co-host Lemur Link Up a monthly networking group meeting a Lemur Landings, Poole for more details visit us on Facebook.
My first book ‘Crafting a Successful Small Business‘ was published in July 2012 and has regularly been an Amazon BestSeller. I now enjoy writing for various websites – including Sage UK where I am one of their Business Experts and until it’s demise regularly contributed to CraftSeller Magazine.
I continue to write this blog as a way to provide help, advice and support to other mums in business working from home and thank you for all your continued support over the past 6 years.
Awards and Accolades :-
- Highly Commended MumsClub.co.uk PR Comp 2009
- Winner of Future 100 Young Entrepreneurs 2009
- TGF Best Rated Award Winner 2009
- Langtry Manor Best Green Business Finalist 2010
- Nominated MADS Blog Award 2010 & 2011 & 2012
- Winner of Dorset Business Mother of the Year 2010 – Langtry Manor
- Short listed Make Your Mark in the Market 2010
- Recognised for Very Good Service 2010
- Short listed in the World Skill Competition 2010 (Networking Mummies)
- Short listed Business Parent of the Year – Mums and Working Awards
- Enterprise Nation Ideas 101 Winner June 2010
- Short listed Best Business Mum Mumsclub Awards 2010
- Finalist Best Use of Media Mumsclub Awards 2010
- Langtry Manor Finalist in PR Initiative 2011
- Nominated in the Junior What’s On Awards – Best Party Supplies Charlie Moo’s 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Bronze Website Award Charlie Moo’s Mumpreneur UK 2011
- 2011 Mumpreneur 100
- #SBS winner 26th February 2012 Theo Paphitis
- Top 20 Dorset Business Mum of the Year 2012 (Venus Awards)
- Cow Awards 2013 – Best Quirky for MerMOO Olive
- Nominated Best Online Business Venus Awards 2013
- Short listed Women in Business Women Inspiring Woman Awards 2013
- Short listed Netmums Best Party Supplier 2013
- 95 in Tots100 Chart November 2013
- Semi-Finalist Online and New Media Award Venus Awards 2014
- Short listed Parent Blogger of the Year 2014 – Mum and Working Awards
- Runner Up Best Hobby to Small Business Support for Crafting a Successful Small Business – What’s on 4 Me Awards 2014
- Vuelio Top Ten Business & Finance Blog 2015
- iHubbub Best Home Blog 2016
- Short listed Parent Blogger of the Year 2016 – Mum and Working Awards
- Finalist Best Networking Group (Lemur Linkup) – Western Gazette Business Awards 2016
- Short listed Parent Blogger of the Year 2017 – Mum and Working Awards