Since I started Charlie Moo’s back in 2008 a general shift has occurred in how e- commerce small businesses online operate. Back then it was all about SEO and get the top of google. If you weren’t on page 1 you weren’t making sales. But now things have started to shift as google places its emphasis now more on content.
Here are 5 (I like the number 5!) top tips on developing your online visibility :
- Update your website regularly with new, well written content be aware though that duplicate content is penalised. Keep your about us page and product descriptions up to date.
- Write a regular blog – blogging is a great way to provide fresh new content to google, become an expert in your genre of business (even if your genre is nappies or cleaning products!) and provide a human way to engage with your customer base. You need to realistically publish a blog post once a week. If you are clever and use mind mapping and scheduling you can do 4 posts in a day meaning you spend little time blogging but reap the rewards.
- Blogging doesn’t have to be the written word – how about video blogging or vlogging as the cool kids call it 😉 Youtube is the second biggest search engine. I am not great at creating video content but I think the key here is TO DO IT! I’m guessing its better to have content on You Tube than none at all.
- Get on Google+ – sharing content onto Google+ can rank higher in searches than your website itself – FACT! I’m still unsure of what I’m doing but there are lots of great blogs out there and I’m positive it will all slot into place soon! (fingers crossed!)
- Use social media – pinterest, Twitter, Facebook etc etc … to publicise your content and make your content easy for others to share.
Like this post? Why not share it with your friends using the handy buttons below!