Layer Your Lighting In Your Home Office :
Layering lighting with ambient, task and accent products increases productivity and is better for your health.
- Ambient Lighting : Ambient lighting in your home office will usually come from a ceiling light, whether that be a LED pendant lights or a spotlight bar. Take into consideration the location of the light in relation to your furniture. By ensuring your ceiling light is not directly above or in front of your desk, as this causes glare on the computer screen which can lead to eye-strain.
- Task Lighting : This type of lighting is essential for all home offices, for reading and computer work where you need a focused light source that can be directed exactly where you need it. Task lighting usually comes in the form of a desk or adjustable lamp.
- Accent Lighting : Used to complement other light sources in an office and focus light on particular objects. For example, highlight art or around shelves and cabinets aiding in locating things easier.
Good Lighting Helps You To :
- Stay Awake and Alert : You need to feel invigorated and inspired in your home office to do your best work.
- Reduces Eye Strain : Placing a task lamp behind your computer reduces glare and strain from looking at a bright screen.
- Boost Productivity Level : This is a huge factor in having adequate lighting for me (and of course a stand-up desk 😉 )
What ways to do you use layered lighting to increase your productivity in the long, dark, grey, Winter months.? With my home office being under the stairs I tend to gravitate to daylight mimicking light bulbs, white light and a variety of lamps.