I’ve been to many events as a blogger now with varying degrees of success. Brands ask bloggers to work with them in a variety of forms from picking up products to review or watching a show (we reviewed Peppa Pig Live) to going on a day trip organised by a brand (like this trip to London Zoo to see and play with a new toy). After a few mishaps I have started to make sure I follow a list before I go!
Always be prepared!
- Know exactly what is required of you as a blogger at the event – if necessary print off the email and pop it in your bag. Especially if you are going somewhere to collect a review product this message doesn’t always get relayed to the department on the shop floor.
- If you can pick up tickets beforehand – I arrived with 3 small excited people to a show once and my name wasn’t on the list and there were no tickets for us. Luckily it was quickly sorted but I had I been in a day or two before I could have sorted it without crying children and unnecessary stress!
- Take contact details – I used to aimlessly pop my iPad in my bag thinking I can pull up the required email and this never happens – either the WiFi is rubbish or I can’t find the actual email I need! So ensure you have the contact details printed or written out that way if there is an issue you can ask them to call or email them to clarify.
- Bloggers talk – check with other bloggers if they will be going to the same place? What they have been offered. Where they need to meet etc etc …..
- Take business cards with you – it always surprises me how many bloggers don’t have business cards. When you are at events its much easier to pass your cards to other bloggers/brands and PR’s than it is to remember later to tweet/email them.
Do you go on many blogger day outs/events/review screenings etc? Do you have a check list?Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well, there are some ways you can say thanks and support my website: ➡