Self-care is something we aren’t really great at and I get it. When you work from home your working hours are limited and you want to be spending them “working” but how often do you find at 3pm you have barely achieved anything? We underestimate the power of simple things, like being happy and taking care or ourselves. Self-care, whilst it might sound indulgent is vital for our physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. Looking after our own self-care helps us to maintain healthy relationships not only with ourself but others. Self-care produces positive feelings which boost confidence and self-esteem.
5 Ways To Practice Self-care During The Holiday Season :
- Treat yourself : I’ve been considering having a professional clean dental care from Pear Tree Dental, or have your hair done – even just a wash and blow-dry can make you feel amazing. Maybe treat yourself to a massage, new nails, or tame those eyebrows. If you are feeling really short of time get a mobile beautician to come to your home.
- Meet up with friends : Never underestimate the power of people and real conversation. You can even turn it into a mini Christmas Party, I’m meeting up with some of my small business networking friends for breakfast and Secret Santa. A couple of hours with others always engages my brain making me more productive.
- Watch a Christmas film : Why not curl up on the sofa with a hot chocolate and spend an hour or so watching cheesy Christmas films. It’s a great way to clear your brain, relax and chill. Give yourself permission to do nothing, me-time isn’t a luxury it should be a non-negotiable.
- Go for a walk : I know I go on about walking but it’s so good for you AND it’s FREE! If you don’t live near a forest or beach, walk around the block whatever is accessible to you. Walking increases your heart rate which reduces fatigue and increases circulation, improving your heart health. Even after a 10-minute walk, you will notice increased energy levels improving your mood and for me, a good mood increases productivity. Being outdoors also has restorative properties, such as increasing your short term memory and reducing stress. Blowing away the cobwebs, installs an air of calm, meaning I can get back to work and am usually far more productive than pre-walk.
- Take a bath : Literally the easiest self-care practice ever who doesn’t love a good bath but it’s been proven that having a warm bath is as good for you as exercise! So I’m all in! A warm bath raises the body temperature which increases your heart rate and blood pressure which stabilises the body. Adding bath oils, relaxing scents and soothing music can also enhance your self-care experience, consider also thinking about your breathing, use the time to take long deep breaths which not only completely fills your lungs as well as helping to clear your mind.
We’ve not even hit December yet and I’m already in need of all 5 of the above self-care suggestions! What ways do you have to stop and catch your breath during the holiday season?
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy.Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well why not ➡