What exactly is a roller banner stand?
They have a variety of names in the industry roll up banners, popup banners, retractable banner stands or pull up banners. Roller banner stands are basically an inexpensive, effective and portable interior display solution. If you are doing any form of events, workshops, pop up shops a roller banner is a great low cost solution to your marketing, and one you can use again and again – IF you get it right!
First thing is first ALWAYS get a designer on board, even if you use the printers design team (many offer an additional design service), this is not a DIY job. A designer will ensure the images are clear and not pixelated, that the file is in the correct desired format using the proper dimensions with relevant bleed (See are you lost? This is why you need a designer!).
6 top tips for designing a roller banner stand :
- Stick to your branding : A roller banner stands represents your brand don’t suddenly buy something that doesn’t represent your business or website. Ensure you know the colour codes so you can have a perfect match to your current design.
- Keep it simple : Do not overload your roller banner with text, it becomes confusing and hard to read.
- Use an eye-catching bold design, image or logo : Be careful what you use remember my huge head incident! I tell you this so you don’t make the same mistake and waste your money! Also it’s quite funny to see me standing rather awkwardly next to MY GIANT HEAD!!
- Think important details : A short, simple message, telephone number OR email and website details. Don’t go nuts trying to add everything emails, website address, social media links and phone number like I did otherwise you overload the reader and they get confused about where to contact you.
- Situation : Think about where you are most likely to display your roller banner. This will help you to determine where you place the most important information. If its tucked behind a table you don’t want to put your contact details at bottom.
- Think about your events : Roller Banner Stands are great for inside events, but outside when it’s windy they can be a hazard to you and customers. If they are for outside or in a window use think about a UV coated one that won’t fade in the sunlight.
It will pay in the long run to get a good quality roller banner stand, that is easy to use and fits all your requirements. If you have a top tip or even want to share your banner stand failure leave me a comment below.
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy