OK OK I know you are sick of me gushing over my Teacherboards but I LOVE it so much. I’m really enjoying changing the monthly mini goals. I think the act of rubbing out the month and writing a new one is almost like an act of closure and reassessment. Seeing my long term 2017 goals visually like this every day really inspires me. My long term goals are a mix of personal, family and business which is motivating on ocassion to power through those awful jobs. I’m also a girl. Oh yes I am, so I like things to be functional and pretty! The Chalkola chalk pens I’ve been using are amazing and I love the matte finish. They are so easy to wipe off too (don’t forget you can save 20% using code : 20OFFSTR )
I sometimes jot ideas down on scraps of paper and the children like to add comments to my board. I soon found my motivation covered by scarps of paper and magnets of Stonehenge. No word of a lie. The paper scraps had to go. I wanted/needed something (anything) to combine these factors but I didn’t want to leave the house or buy anything. Luckily I love of bit of creative DIY and this is what I came up with.
I will definitely create some more of these. Everything I needed we already had to hand.
What you need :
- Cable Ties
- Paper ( I used plain A4 printer paper and various sheets of coloured paper I had lying around, but you could use anything.)
- Hole Punch
- Large Paper Clip (and some ribbon to make it look pretty)
How to make :
- Cut the paper down to the desired size.
- Punch 3 holes across the top of the paper. I found it easier to take the bottom off the punch so I could attempt to line the holes up properly.
- Add cable ties and cut off excess. Make sure you leave yourself enough room for the paper to be able to move around. So you can turn the pages over.
- Attach paper clip to the middle cable tie loop.
- Pop a magnet on the paper clip and viola there you have it a lovely scrap paper jotter hanging off your planning board.
I love this super quick and cheap make. You could even save up scraps of wrapping paper and cards to make a colourful little pad.
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy and contains affiliate links.Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well, there are some ways you can say thanks and support my website: ➡