OK OK I know you are sick of me gushing over my Teacherboards but I LOVE it so much. I’m really enjoying changing the monthly mini goals. I think the act of rubbing out the month and writing a new one is almost like an act of closure and reassessment. Seeing my long term 2017 goals visually like this every day really inspires me. My long term goals are a mix of personal, family and business which is motivating on ocassion to power through those awful jobs. I’m also a girl. Oh yes I am, so I like things to be functional and pretty! The Chalkola chalk pens I’ve been using are amazing and I love the matte finish. They are so easy to wipe off too (don’t forget you can save 20% using code : 20OFFSTR )
I sometimes jot ideas down on scraps of paper and the children like to add comments to my board. I soon found my motivation covered by scarps of paper and magnets of Stonehenge. No word of a lie. The paper scraps had to go. I wanted/needed something (anything) to combine these factors but I didn’t want to leave the house or buy anything. Luckily I love of bit of creative DIY and this is what I came up with.
I will definitely create some more of these. Everything I needed we already had to hand.
What you need :
- Cable Ties
- Paper ( I used plain A4 printer paper and various sheets of coloured paper I had lying around, but you could use anything.)
- Hole Punch
- Large Paper Clip (and some ribbon to make it look pretty)
How to make :
- Cut the paper down to the desired size.
- Punch 3 holes across the top of the paper. I found it easier to take the bottom off the punch so I could attempt to line the holes up properly.
- Add cable ties and cut off excess. Make sure you leave yourself enough room for the paper to be able to move around. So you can turn the pages over.
- Attach paper clip to the middle cable tie loop.
- Pop a magnet on the paper clip and viola there you have it a lovely scrap paper jotter hanging off your planning board.
I love this super quick and cheap make. You could even save up scraps of wrapping paper and cards to make a colourful little pad.
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy and contains affiliate links.Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well why not ➡