Pros of Remote Working:
I personally think that everyone should have the opportunity to remote work in some capacity as it provides employees with a better work/life balance and ultimately increases happiness. Happy employees should be paramount as they are;
- More productive
- Perform better
- More engaged
- Better employee retention
- Your business has increased profitability
4 Ways To Get The Most Out Being A Remote Workers:
- Create a designated workspace: It’s like rule number 1 of working from home. You can’t possibly be productive from a space that you need to clear everyday. As much as we try we do need to keep things out and prepared for the next day. Having a specific space also means you get that gone to work feeling, your family knows you are at work AND if you are lucky enough to have a separate room you can shut the door at the end of your working day, there is a clear distinction between work and home life.
- Have a schedule: For the first few weeks of lockdown I was flip flapping all over the place, trying to homeschool, work, clean, parent and have 5 minutes to myself. Once I set myself (and the children) a schedule things started to slip into a “better” routine. You can’t possibly do everything at the same time, by having a schedule you know when your working hours are, the children know theirs and you
- To do list: Make a list. I aim to get 3 things done each day. Your list helps keep you on track, motivates you and increases productivity. It doesn’t need to be super fancy a list of bullet points will do but if you do need something a little more aesthetically pleasing then download one FREE here – Things To Do List
- NETWORK: Obviously face to face networking has changed but there are still lots of ways in which you can network with others, Coronavirus has been sponsored by Zoom meetings! Being around and interacting with others helps For more networking suggestions read my article on Woman Ready, 5 Ways To Continue Business Networking During Coronavirus.
Have you been remote working during Coronavirus? What top tips do you have for making it run smoothly and efficiently? Phaha mine is neither smooth nor efficient but it works and we are all ticking things off the to do list.
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy.Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well, there are some ways you can say thanks and support my website: ➡