7 Ways to Increase Your Productivity When Working From Home:
- A proper office set-up: Slobbing on the sofa with a laptop tray on your knee cuppa tea in one hand and Jeremy Kyle on the TV might sound like fun, but it is not a productive working environment. You will take longer to achieve the smallest of tasks and you will feel like you have little or no work/life balance. A proper office table and chairs set-up give the illusion of going to work, your family knows you are at work AND if you are lucky enough to have a separate room you can shut the door at the end of the working day, there is a clear distinction between work and home life.
- Get dressed: Sitting in your pj’s but the physical action of getting dressed puts your mind into work mode. Couple this with walking into your home office set up and you really feel like this is an event.
- Stay hydrated: It can be easy to forget to drink water but staying hydrated helps you to think clearer. A hydrated brain stops you from feeling fatigued which increases productivity. Being properly hydrated also helps with sleep, mood and fatigue.
- Structure: Having a structure to your day, very much like you would when going into the office helps again with putting you into a work mode mindset.
- Play to your strengths: If you are most productive mid-afternoon work then. If it’s the morning get up earlier.
- Posture: Be aware of how you sit at your desk and for how long. Good posture and a comfortable sitting position are really important for those longer tasks, rather than paying for it later in the form of aches, strains and sprains sneaking up on you.
- Take breaks: A change in position and environment is a great way to reignite your brain and increased productivity. I like to take my tea break outside in the garden, with the sun on my face, a few deep breathes and a complete break from the task at hand, from a silver teapot no less 😉 So often we try to power through but moving is actually the easiest way to increase productivity.
Coronavirus has meant I also don’t have my usual luxury of taking the Summer Holidays off. How do you plan to stay productive over the Summer Holiday? Now you have more of an opportunity to mix up the routine?
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy.
Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well why not ➡