We know we need them.
We know it makes us ‘look‘ more professional.
BUT does your business card say the right things about your business??
Here are some top tips:-
- Contact details – email, phone, website and your name
- WHAT YOU DO … could be the most uber sexy, glossy and sleek card in the whole world but if it doesn’t say what you do – you’d better make yourself memorable at meetings ;). Try a tag line or snippet about what you do, just a few words not an essay!
- Don’t forget to include all your social media contacts.
- Use the front and the back … the back is great for adding information or images. It’s your advertising space don’t waste it.
Think about the quality and texture of the card – if you print your own use sturdy card and not flimsy A4 paper. Remember this is the first time someone is likely to meet you and your business make sure your business card sparkles and shouts quality.
- Vista Print is great to save pennies but design your own and upload (it’s £2 or £3 to upload an image) AVOID using their templates .. You’ll find everyone does and yours won’t stand out.
- Make sure your card fits into a business card holder – when your passing cards to each other the last think you want is someone putting it into their bag rather than their neat holder. It’s likely to be disposed of if its not already ruined rolling round in their bag.
- Don’t automatically assume business cards should be landscape – why not stand out form the crowd and have a portrait one? (Michelle from Colourwheel Creative)
- Moo cards allows you to upload more than one image so your cards can be varied …. great if you sell or make a product.
I like mini business cards from moo.com with my own artwork, photo on one side and info on the other, I also like to add a tag of ribbon in one corner to make them more unique! They also fit easily into someone’s pocket, which is great! I personally like to keep it simple, business name, tag line, web address and email – all my other social network info is on my website so I don’t worry about including it! 🙂 Erica Martyn – Odds and Soxlets
If you want to be part of the conversation make sure you join us over on my FanpageFound this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well why not ➡