A few months back I stayed at Walton Castle. They are diversifying into Corporate Events and have lots to offer from Team Building sessions including Archery to rooms available to hold conferences and workshops. It got me thinking about how isolated you can be when you run a small business on your own from your home. However I network with lots of women in the same position …. so how hard would it be to organise our own corporate event day?
Not very that’s for sure! Here are 5 surefire Corporate Event Days for Small Businesses Working From Home as designed by ME!
- Spa Day! There are plenty of spa day offers on Groupon, Living Social etc …. and what could be more relaxing than a day lazying by the pool, having a massage, eating lunch, chatting and making plans? Sounds perfect to me!
- Do some volunteer work outside. What better way to clear the cobwebs than a day outside doing some hard graft! Avon Country Park recently had Natwest Staff there helping them to build a new flowerbed. This kind of task is a great team building exercise but also one that enables you to clear your busy brain.
- Get WET! How about a day at the waterpark! No kids! Just you, your small business chums and a giant blow up donut riding the rapids and attempting a fast slide or two!! Waterparks are definitely one for the inner adrenaline junkie! (PS most have a jacuzzi area and calmer water 😉 maybe lay on sun bed with a mocktail or two! Umbrellas in drinks make everything better! )
- Hire a coach and go on an adventure! You could always arrange a coach trip with Masons Minibus and Coach Hire to RHS London Autumn Show or Winchester Christmas Markets, spend a day with like minded individuals, chilling, chatting, shopping!
- Go Kayaking! I think it might be a sign but lately I’ve seen Fore Adventure and Dorset Wildlife Trust advertising kayaking sessions. Dorset is such a beautiful area I can’t think of anything more tranquil than cruising across the water in the sunshine.
We all know we need to take time out from our businesses to recoup, de-stress and just be ourselves! But how many of us actually do this or find the time? Why not club together with some of your small business chums and treat yourself to a “Corporate Event Day”!
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy