Building a small business brand isn’t just about a slick logo, although this helps. Small business branding must be streamlined, ie. same across the board and plays a role in visual merchandising and you personally. This will be especially true for those of you who will sell/display at events.
Business Branding Tips :
- Banner Stands : Previously we have looked at investing in a banner stand that you’re proud to use, remember my giant head fiasco! Check out my useful hints and tips to getting your banner stand right.
- Business Cards : Think about your design. This needs to match your online branding. Think about what information you NEED you don’t want to make it too wordy but you don’t want to miss vitals like your name!
- Flyers : Kirsty from Work It Baby’s detailed post about her flyer journey is really useful as she made mistakes but learnt from them and fast.
- Visual Merchandising at Events : Remember to consider everything from having a branded or matching table cloth to how you will add height to your display, accessories such as bunting, a money belt/cash box etc ….. If you are looking for something a bit more corporate and less vintage/shabby chic then Envoprint POS Displays are great. These cardboard display stands which are made to your specification are an excellent way to highlight your brand.
- Personal Visual Merchandising : Consider what your business uniform will be. Would a suit and tie be appropriate? Or how about a branded t-shirt and name badge. If you are selling at events you might need a branded money belt (there are lots of tutorials for making one) or an apron, (especially if working with food or handmade cosmetics), gloves. Branded bags to put sales in. Clean nails and tidy hair. Stand out from other exhibitors, reinforce your brand, in ways that make the business instantly recognisable. People buy from people so your appearance, personality and passion for your products/business, are even more on show at fêtes, fairs, etc.
What other top tips do you have regarding branding? In my book Crafting a Successful Small Business there is a list of questions to ask yourself when you start developing a brand and a couple of case studies who have filled out the questions in relation to their brand.
This post complies with my Disclosure Policy and contains an affiliate link.Found this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well why not ➡