Working from home is becoming increasingly popular, and with office costs on the rise many SMEs choose to work from a home office rather than pay for office space.
As the business grows, however, so can you quickly run out of space. You also don’t want to clutter up your living space with all your office goods and so it is important that you manage the storage spaces for your business effectively.
The simplest way of making sure you have enough storage is to declutter so that you have less to store! Decluttering your working spaces will enable you to better focus on the task at hand. If you don’t, clutter can quickly take over your working space and the longer it is left, the bigger problem it becomes.
Organising your office (as well as the areas of your home in which you relax) will help you to stay focused and work towards your goal of growing your business.
Here are some helpful tips on how to create space by decluttering :
- Stop and review : Take a moment to step back and look at all of the clutter-filled spots around your home. Take the time to clear out these areas, whether it’s 10 minutes a day or once a week for an hour. Going forward, avoid letting this situation build up once again by doing regular clear-outs.
- Declutter, declutter, declutter! : Begin by doing a systematic clean out of your cupboards, drawers and shelves to make the most out of your home space. Remember to work room by room as this will help keep you focused and make the job at hand seem more manageable. Consider donating any items which you no longer have use for. For the items you need for future use or which hold too much sentimental value, use self-storage.
- Store correctly : Storage containers are ideal for keeping your items under control and in order. Avoid using bulky containers and make sure the ones you choose are easy to stack.
- Go vertical : If you’re struggling for space, consider looking up and utilising overhead space. This will open up your floor and desk space, therefore creating more space within your home office space. A simple solution is to invest in vertical shelving.
- Invest in a self-storage unit : One of the most viable solutions to controlling clutter and creating more space is to take advantage of self-storage. Self-storage is simple and affordable for households wanting to eradicate their clutter problems. Self-storage enables you to unclutter your life without having to say goodbye to your belongings for good. Self-storage facilities offer convenience and security, as well as flexibility as many facilities are accessible 24/7.
These are just a few helpful ways to eliminate clutter problems you may be experiencing and allow you to reclaim your home and office space.
This post complies with my Disclosure PolicyFound this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well, there are some ways you can say thanks and support my website: ➡