We had a few family goals we wanted to achieve in 2015 nothing major and most of them we did (Finally going to The Making of Harry Potter not once but twice! Legoland and Olive got to hold a baby chick which was top of her list!), so Charlie and I decided to make a list of 10 goals for 2016. Whilst watching Iron Man 3 I did a doodle for the children but I thought you lovely lot might find it useful for either your small business/blog or your children.
If you are using this to set business or blogging goals make sure that they are SMART :
- Specific : Make sure your target or goal is well defined.
- Measurable : Sometimes you know something has been achieved – one of Charlie’s goals is to go on a plane and another to get a Blue Peter badge. However some goals can be harder, so ensure there is a measurable metric. i.e. Grow my Instagram following is a bit wholly you might change this too double my Instagram following to 1600. Basically you need to know if the goal is obtainable and when it’s been achieved.
- Achievable : Don’t make your goals too easy or too hard.
- Realistic : So I’ve removed marry Lee Mead from mine as that’s clearly not going to happen and Daddy Moo might be a little put out! It’s great to have dreams but you don’t want to get to the end of 2016 and feel deflated by underachieving your goals. If we go back to my earlier example of growing your Instagram following a target like 1600 (which is double my current amount) is far more manageable and realistic than say 10,000!
- Time based : This is a little easier as you are giving yourself 2016 to complete them but you might want to consider breaking them down into a monthly goal so you aren’t over whelmed.
Having goals enable you to understand where you are going and how you are going to get there. Keep you motivated, focused and on track – this is where the time based aspect is important. That way you don’t come back in 3 years time and find the same goals top of your list.
Download Ten Goals for 2016 here.
If you do download my goals then do tweet me a picture @CharlieMoosFound this useful wondering how you can show me your appreciation? Well, there are some ways you can say thanks and support my website: ➡